In the event that the 2020 changed gross pay (AGI) you entered for yourself (or for your companion assuming you recorded together) doesn’t match what the IRS has in their data set, you’ll get these rejections:
IND-031-04: The essential citizen’s AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn’t match IRS records. IND-031-04: The life partner’s AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn’t match IRS records.
In the first place, find your IND-031-04 AGI — it’s on your unique 2020 Structure 1040, line 11. Then, at that point, select your adaptation of TurboTax underneath and adhere to the guidelines to fix and resubmit your return. Make certain to utilize the specific AGI recorded on your structure. Try not to part or adjust anything.
- On the off chance that you don’t have a duplicate of last year’s return, you can get your AGI from a free IRS record. Online records are accessible quickly and sent ones require 5-10 days. On your record, search for the line Changed Gross Pay.
- Try not to “compute” your AGI from your IND-031-04.
- Assuming you altered last year, don’t utilize the AGI from that corrected return.
- On the off chance that you documented a return last year, yet someone guaranteed you as a ward, enter the AGI showing on your return for last year (not theirs).
- Assuming you recorded mutually last year yet independently this year, enter the AGI from last year’s return.
- The equivalent goes for as of late bereft or separated from citizens who recorded mutually a year ago.
Table of Contents
Fixing reject code ind-031-04 Turbotax
The taxpayer’s prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) amount is utilized as an electronic signature for the e-filed return. This information assists the IRS with confirming the identity of the individual filing the return. Mistake codes IND-031 and IND-032 are issued when the AGI entered by the taxpayer does not match the information in the IRS e-file database.
These blunders regularly happen when the taxpayer has utilized the current year AGI instead of the prior year AGI. You must utilize the original amount from last year’s Structure 1040 to sign this year’s return. Code Leaf If you filed a joint return last year, every life partner must separately enter a similar AGI amount (the entire original AGI; do not split the amount fifty).
What is my prior year AGI?
- If you did not ELECTRONICALLY FILE the prior year return, use $0 as the AGI amount or answer. No when inquired as to whether you filed a prior year return. The IRS database will not have the AGI information if the return was not electronically filed.
- Utilized a different preparer last year-visit the preparer to get the AGI information (Line 8b of the 2019 return or line 11 of the 2020/2021 return)
- Get a Transcript-Visit the IRS website to get a duplicate of the prior year transcript
- Review your paper duplicate the AGI amount is listed on line 11 (But recall, if it wasn’t electronically filed, enter $0 instead)
How do I correct the AGI?
To make corrections to your AGI, go to the e-file section of the return > Indeed, I’m done with my return(s) and prepared to file! > Continue > Edit (under Sign and File) > Continue.
Still don’t know your AGI amount?
If the AGI continues to get rejected, you might have to print and mail the return. The government return can be mailed to the IRS using the mailing address tracked down on the IRS website. The state return can be mailed using the location on the state return.
What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?
The following are a couple of other possible justifications for why you’re still getting an e-file reject. MMI Code On Huawei If you: Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was handled after that time — try entering 0. Corrected your return last year — ensure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the changed one.
To correct the IRS rejections, verify that the taxpayer and mate’s prior-year PIN, electronic filing PIN, and prior-year AGI are correct.
- Step 1: DO NOT just continue submitting or re-eFiling your 2021 return again and again with the equivalent 2020 AGI amount expecting different results. …
- Step 2: Option 1: Instead of entering your 2020 AGI dollar amount enter 0 – as the number zero – as your 2020 AGI and re-eFile.
How long does it take the IRS to fix an error?
At the point when you use TurboTax to set up your return, we’ll check for normal errors before you file. But if your e-file is rejected, we’ll tell you exactly why, and give you the steps to correct it. You’ll have the option to resubmit your corrected return, and we’ll tell you when it’s accepted by the IRS.
If your prior year AGI is off-base when you file. The IRS will reject your return. In most cases, when the IRS has rejected your tax return AGI, you can easily fix the amount and e-file your return again. To e-file your return again: Open your return in the H&R Block Tax Software.
Why would the IRS reject my TurboTax filing?
At the point when they reject your TurboTax Filing. They’ll actually give you a code for the motivation behind why they rejected it. If you don’t know either how to get this code. Or how to interpret this code. You can actually call the IRS and one of their reps will basically tell you what it means.
Generally it has something to do with something not being a match.
For instance, if you several digits on one of your kid’s Ssn’s. The IRS would reject that in light of the fact that the SSN doesn’t match the name. This can likewise occur if you enter the last name (for instance, you’re name is Alejandro Martinez Solis. And you put in Solis as your last name. But they have Martinez Solis as your last name).
It’s ususally things like that.
There’s likewise a couple of things that must be on your tax return if you took them. If you have the First-Time Home Purchasers Credit in 2008 are repaying that, they’ll reject your return if you forget to put it in there.